Naomi Campbell is mourning the loss of her beloved grandmother.
The 50-year-old supermodel paid tribute to Ruby Russel for teaching her "have strength and courage" and to stay true to herself as she remembered her late relative in a touching post on Instagram.
Sharing a selection of photos of herself and Ruby, Naomi wrote: "Dear Grandma Ruby Louise Campbell Russel, all that I am is because of you, even though I would moan and groan to have to do my chores , your discipline has remained with me till this very day and I thank you .. Wife, Mother Grandmother, Great grandmother, you have taught us all to have strength and courage in trying times and to hold our heads up high and stay true to our integrity.
"You came to uk during Windrush for better opportunity, but your heart always remained in Jamaica. You stayed true and loyal to your faith for 77 years.
"You travelled the world and was loved by so many where ever you would go.(sic)"
Naomi credited her grandmother for keeping her family together and promised to retain her "strength".
She continued: "I will miss you Grandma, you were the Matriarch of our family that held us so closely together . , know your strength is instilled in me. I love you forever more .(sic)"
And the catwalk star expressed her hope she will be reunited with her grandmother one day in the future.
She concluded her lengthy post: "Until we meet again on the other side. May you take your place with the highest Rest In Peace Grandma My Ruby. [crown, heart and prayer emojis] (sic)"
Reference: Bang Showbiz 22 hrs ago: 07/09/2020
Articles - Latest
- Fossil footprints show humans in North America 11,000 years earlier than previously thought
- La Palma volcano: More dangers ahead for island after eruption
- Sarah Dash, singer with Labelle, who had a worldwide hit with the raunchy Lady Marmalade – obituary
- Melvin Van Peebles dead: Pioneer filmmaker of the Blaxploitation genre dies aged 89
- SpaceX capsule with world's first all-civilian orbital crew splashes down off Florida
- Anthony Johnson dead: Lethal Weapon star dies aged 55 after being found lifeless in a shop
- Eszter Jeles dead: Tragedy in racing as 21-year-old female jockey is fatally injured
- When A Parisian Canal Aged Two-Hundred Years Was Drained, No One Could Believe What Was In There
- Scientists launch plan to resurrect extinct woolly mammoths in the Arctic
- Home computer pioneer Sir Clive Sinclair dies aged 81
- X Factor singer Freddie Combs dies aged 49 from kidney failure
- Vera Fusek, actress who played the Earth President in Doctor Who – obituary
- Michael Constantine dies aged 94
- Deepwater Horizon: Oysters off the Gulf of Mexico plagued with tissue abnormalities after 2010 oil spill
- Jean-Paul Belmondo, star of Breathless, dies aged 88
- Female kickboxer, 26, died from a blow to the head at match
- Sarah Harding of Girls Aloud dies aged 39
- Daffney Unger dies aged 46 after concerning live stream
- Richard E Grant's wife of 35 years dies aged 71
- 14 of the most dramatic scenes as floods pummel New York and tornadoes rip through New Jersey
Articles - Most Read
- Contact Us
- Cosmic Consciousness - What is Cosmic Consciousness-2
- Cosmic Consciousness-Introduction
- Cosmic Consciousness - Introduction-2
- Cosmic Consciousness - What is Cosmic Consciousness?
- Cosmic Consciousness First Words - 1V - 2
- The Human Condition-Thomas Keating
- Cosmic Consciousness First Words - V -
- Cosmic Consciousness V - 2
- Cosmic consciousness - First Words - IV
- Cosmic Consciousness-On the Plane of Self Consciousness
- Drinking From The Mountain Stream - Milarepa
- The Human Condition - 4
- Evolution and Devolution-Chapter 2
- The Human Condition - Thomas keating-3
- The Human Condition-2-Thomas Keating
- Evolution and Devolution-Chapter 1
- Cosmic Consciousness - 3 - On the Plane of Self Consciousness
- The Human Condition - 6
- Milarepa's World
- Web Links
- On the Plane of Self Consciousness - 2
- The Human Condition - 5
- Milarepa's World-2
- The Buddhist System of Liberation
- On the Plane of Self Consciousness IV
- On the Plane of Self Consciousness IV - 2
- The Buddhist System of Liberation - 2
- Contemplation and the Divine Therapy - 2