JayDaYoungan death: Rapper fatally shot aged 24
Rapper JayDaYoungan was fatally shot on Wednesday (27 July) outside his home in Bogalusa, Louisiana. He was 24 years old.
The musician, known for his tracks “23 Island” and “Opps”, was killed in a shooting that occurred shortly before 6pm, according to a Facebook post by Bogalusa police.
Police also said that Kenyatta Scott Sr, a close family member of JayDaYoungan (real name Javorius Scott), was wounded but stable.
“Detectives are currently conducting interviews and working leads. Further information will follow as it becomes available,” the department wrote.
JayDaYoungan’s official DJ reacted to the news on Instagram, posting a picture of the pair together with the words: “I just wanna thank you for everything you did for me. Real s*** I’ll never forget.”
The rapper released several mixtapes and a debut studio album, Baby23, after signing to Atlantic Records in 2017.
He had collaborated with artists such as Latto, Lil Durk, Boosie Badazz and Moneybagg Yo.
In October 2021, police caught JayDaYoungan with a pistol he was not permitted to carry due to indictments he was facing in Texas over charges of assault on a pregnant woman and illegal possession of Oxycodone.
JayDaYoungan was also out on $175,000 (£143,785) bond at the time after a September arrest for suspicion of being accessory to second degree murder and obstruction of justice.
He faced five years in prison for the gun charges, but was released in June and credited with time served. He was under house arrest at the time of his death.
The rapper was father to a young son. In his last Instagram post, made the day before his death, JayDaYoungan was seen rapping while dancing and playing with his son.
Reference:The Independent: Ellie Harrison -
Articles - Latest
- Actor Bernard Cribbins dies aged 93
- 'Elvis' actress Shonka Dukureh (44) found dead in her home
- JayDaYoungan death: Rapper fatally shot aged 24
- Buzz Aldrin's 1969 iconic moon jacket sells for £2.3m at auction
- Husband ‘killed new wife four days after wedding and stuffed body into suitcase’
- Scientists create strange matter in which time has ‘two dimensions’
- Russia to withdraw from International Space Station
- The strange, grisly saga of Eva Perón’s corpse
- 'Trailblazer' EastEnders star Mona Hammond dies
- Tony Dow’s son says actor is ‘still alive, but in his last hours’ after managers prematurely announced death
- Qin Yi obituary
- Giant piles of Britain's unwanted clothes wash up on Ghana's beaches
- Bob Rafelson: subtle and complex director was presiding genius of the Hollywood new wave
- Godfather actor James Caan dies 82
- Landlords of flat where medical secretary, 61, lay dead for over two years made NO contact with her
- Oprah Winfrey’s father Vernon Winfrey dies at 89
- Busisiwe Lurayi dead – Netflix star dies 'suddenly' aged 36
- 'Within a few seconds all the water was pulled in' - Man dies after being sucked into swimming pool sinkhole
- Woman found decomposing at home after mental health services failed to check in on her
- Indian minister, 48, drinks dirty water from river to show locals it's safe then falls ill
- ‘He could not expel the trauma’: Sidney Nolan’s Auschwitz paintings revealed in landmark show
- Bowel cancer campaigner Dame Deborah James dies aged 40
- NASA’s Webb telescope reveals deepest ever view of early universe
Articles - Most Read
- Contact Us
- The science behind Ouija boards
- Cosmic Consciousness - What is Cosmic Consciousness-2
- Cosmic Consciousness-Introduction
- Cosmic Consciousness - Introduction-2
- The Human Condition-Thomas Keating
- Cosmic Consciousness First Words - 1V - 2
- Cosmic Consciousness First Words - V -
- Cosmic Consciousness - What is Cosmic Consciousness?
- Cosmic Consciousness V - 2
- Cosmic consciousness - First Words - IV
- Cosmic Consciousness-On the Plane of Self Consciousness
- Evolution and Devolution-Chapter 2
- The Human Condition - 4
- Drinking From The Mountain Stream - Milarepa
- The Human Condition-2-Thomas Keating
- Cosmic Consciousness - 3 - On the Plane of Self Consciousness
- The Human Condition - Thomas keating-3
- Evolution and Devolution-Chapter 1
- The Human Condition - 6
- Milarepa's World
- On the Plane of Self Consciousness - 2
- Web Links
- The Human Condition - 5
- Milarepa's World-2
- The Buddhist System of Liberation
- On the Plane of Self Consciousness IV
- The Buddhist System of Liberation - 2
- Contemplation and the Divine Therapy - 2
- On the Plane of Self Consciousness IV - 2
- JERRY RAWLINGS, GHANAIAN STRONG MAN WHO CAME TO POWER IN A COUP BUT INTRODUCED DEMOCRACY – OBITUARY
- Shakyamuni Buddha or India the 1st “Black Revolutionary Hero.”
- Contemplation and the Divine Therapy