Porridge actress Patricia Brake dies aged 79 after ‘long battle with cancer’
Actress Patricia Brake, who starred as Ronnie Barker’s on-screen daughter in sitcom Porridge, has died aged 79 after a “very long battle with cancer”, her agent said.
The soap stalwart played recurring roles in EastEnders, Coronation Street and Emmerdale across a career spanning six decades.
In a statement on Twitter, agent Scott Marshall Partners said: “It is with great sadness that we announce the death of our client and well-loved stage and TV actress, Patricia Brake, at the age of 79, after a very long battle with cancer.”
Brake became well-known after playing Barker’s on-screen daughter Ingrid Fletcher in BBC sitcom Porridge in the 1970s.
She reprised the role in Going Straight, alongside cast members Richard Beckinsale and Nicholas Lyndhurst.
Over the years, Brake worked with world-renowned comedians Barker and Ronnie Corbett, known as The Two Ronnies, along with duo Eric Morecambe and Ernie Wise.
Throughout her career other TV roles included ITV’s Manhunt, The Glums and Midsomer Murders, as well as the BBC’s Doctors, Holby City and Casualty.
Born in Bath, Brake studied at the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School and joined the Royal Shakespeare Company in 1962, where she played Hermia in Peter Hall’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream, alongside Dame Judi Dench and Dame Diana Rigg.
Articles - Latest
- Could vertical farms be the answer to ending soft fruit and herb imports to UK? Saphora Smith - 8 Jun
- The 'strange' shipwreck on the Yorkshire coast only visible at low tide
- At least 49 dead and more than 100 injured after huge fire causes multiple blasts at container depot 5 Jun
- Kelly Joe Phelps, blues and country musician, dies aged 62
- A tribute to John Obi Mikel, Nigeria creator turned Chelsea water carrier
- OM MANI PADME HUM - BEAUTIFUL VERSION
- What are coronal mass ejections?
- Porridge actress Patricia Brake dies aged 79 after ‘long battle with cancer’
- Jim Parks, former England wicketkeeper, dies aged 90
- Alan White, drummer with prog rock band Yes, dies aged 72
- Mail journalist Barry Edwards dies of rare cancer aged 72 Daily Mail Reporter 4 days ago
- George Pérez obituaryGeorge Pérez obituary
- Lester Piggott: Britain's most famous jockey dies aged 86
- Marion Barber death: Former Dallas Cowboys player found dead, aged 38
- Blue-whale-size asteroid to screech past Earth in close encounter on June 6
- 2,100-year-old burial of woman lying on bronze 'mermaid bed' unearthed in Greece
- Bo Hopkins obituary
- Andy Fletcher obituary
- Goodfellas actor Ray Liotta dies aged 67 as he shoots new film in Caribbean
- Rock and roll legend Ronnie Hawkins dies aged 87
- As The World Turns’ star Marnie Schulenburg has died, aged 37
- Vangelis, composer of Chariots of Fire and Blade Runner soundtracks, dies aged 79
- Shivkumar Sharma obituary
Articles - Most Read
- Contact Us
- The science behind Ouija boards
- Cosmic Consciousness - What is Cosmic Consciousness-2
- Cosmic Consciousness-Introduction
- Cosmic Consciousness - Introduction-2
- The Human Condition-Thomas Keating
- Cosmic Consciousness First Words - 1V - 2
- Cosmic Consciousness First Words - V -
- Cosmic Consciousness - What is Cosmic Consciousness?
- Cosmic Consciousness V - 2
- Cosmic consciousness - First Words - IV
- Cosmic Consciousness-On the Plane of Self Consciousness
- The Human Condition - 4
- Evolution and Devolution-Chapter 2
- Drinking From The Mountain Stream - Milarepa
- The Human Condition-2-Thomas Keating
- The Human Condition - Thomas keating-3
- Evolution and Devolution-Chapter 1
- Cosmic Consciousness - 3 - On the Plane of Self Consciousness
- The Human Condition - 6
- Milarepa's World
- On the Plane of Self Consciousness - 2
- Web Links
- The Human Condition - 5
- Milarepa's World-2
- The Buddhist System of Liberation
- On the Plane of Self Consciousness IV
- The Buddhist System of Liberation - 2
- Contemplation and the Divine Therapy - 2
- On the Plane of Self Consciousness IV - 2
- JERRY RAWLINGS, GHANAIAN STRONG MAN WHO CAME TO POWER IN A COUP BUT INTRODUCED DEMOCRACY – OBITUARY
- Shakyamuni Buddha or India the 1st “Black Revolutionary Hero.”
- Contemplation and the Divine Therapy