Rock and roll legend Ronnie Hawkins dies aged 87
The Canadian rock and roll star - who was a founding member of the Hawks and is best known for hits like 'Who Do You Love?' and 'Mary Lou' - passed away on Sunday (29.05.22) after reportedly suffering from a long illness.
His wife Wanda told Canadian Press: "He went peacefully and he looked as handsome as ever."
The 'Ruby Baby' hitmaker - who was also part of The Band and played backing for music legend Bob Dylan before going on on to have a career as a talent scout later in life - was remembered by SiriusXM host Eric Alper as "the single most important rock and roller in the history of Canada", who claimed that he will be "deeply missed."
He tweeted: "Ronnie Hawkins, the single most important rock and roller in the history of Canada, has passed away at age 87.
The Band, Dale Hawkins, Bob Dylan and thousands of others wouldn't be the same without him.
Music wouldn't be the same. He will be deeply missed, and thank you, Hawk." (sic)
Ronnie - who is also survived by his two children Robin and Ronnie Jr. - had often been called the father of Canadian rock and roll and the city of Toronto named October 4 Ronnie Hawkins Day back in 2002 in honour of his induction into Canada’s Walk of Fame.
Over the course of his career, Ronnie released 25 albums and back in 1996 was given the Walt Grealis Special Achievement Award for his contributions to the music industry.
Ronnie Hawkins has died at the age of 87.
Reference: Bang Showbiz
Articles - Latest
- Could vertical farms be the answer to ending soft fruit and herb imports to UK? Saphora Smith - 8 Jun
- The 'strange' shipwreck on the Yorkshire coast only visible at low tide
- At least 49 dead and more than 100 injured after huge fire causes multiple blasts at container depot 5 Jun
- Kelly Joe Phelps, blues and country musician, dies aged 62
- A tribute to John Obi Mikel, Nigeria creator turned Chelsea water carrier
- OM MANI PADME HUM - BEAUTIFUL VERSION
- What are coronal mass ejections?
- Porridge actress Patricia Brake dies aged 79 after ‘long battle with cancer’
- Jim Parks, former England wicketkeeper, dies aged 90
- Alan White, drummer with prog rock band Yes, dies aged 72
- Mail journalist Barry Edwards dies of rare cancer aged 72 Daily Mail Reporter 4 days ago
- George Pérez obituaryGeorge Pérez obituary
- Lester Piggott: Britain's most famous jockey dies aged 86
- Marion Barber death: Former Dallas Cowboys player found dead, aged 38
- Blue-whale-size asteroid to screech past Earth in close encounter on June 6
- 2,100-year-old burial of woman lying on bronze 'mermaid bed' unearthed in Greece
- Bo Hopkins obituary
- Andy Fletcher obituary
- Goodfellas actor Ray Liotta dies aged 67 as he shoots new film in Caribbean
- Rock and roll legend Ronnie Hawkins dies aged 87
- As The World Turns’ star Marnie Schulenburg has died, aged 37
- Vangelis, composer of Chariots of Fire and Blade Runner soundtracks, dies aged 79
- Shivkumar Sharma obituary
Articles - Most Read
- Contact Us
- The science behind Ouija boards
- Cosmic Consciousness - What is Cosmic Consciousness-2
- Cosmic Consciousness-Introduction
- Cosmic Consciousness - Introduction-2
- The Human Condition-Thomas Keating
- Cosmic Consciousness First Words - 1V - 2
- Cosmic Consciousness First Words - V -
- Cosmic Consciousness - What is Cosmic Consciousness?
- Cosmic Consciousness V - 2
- Cosmic consciousness - First Words - IV
- Cosmic Consciousness-On the Plane of Self Consciousness
- The Human Condition - 4
- Evolution and Devolution-Chapter 2
- Drinking From The Mountain Stream - Milarepa
- The Human Condition-2-Thomas Keating
- The Human Condition - Thomas keating-3
- Evolution and Devolution-Chapter 1
- Cosmic Consciousness - 3 - On the Plane of Self Consciousness
- The Human Condition - 6
- Milarepa's World
- On the Plane of Self Consciousness - 2
- Web Links
- The Human Condition - 5
- Milarepa's World-2
- The Buddhist System of Liberation
- On the Plane of Self Consciousness IV
- The Buddhist System of Liberation - 2
- Contemplation and the Divine Therapy - 2
- On the Plane of Self Consciousness IV - 2
- JERRY RAWLINGS, GHANAIAN STRONG MAN WHO CAME TO POWER IN A COUP BUT INTRODUCED DEMOCRACY – OBITUARY
- Shakyamuni Buddha or India the 1st “Black Revolutionary Hero.”
- Contemplation and the Divine Therapy