Luisa Mattioli dead: Italian actress and third wife of Roger Moore dies aged 85
Italian actress Luisa Mattioli has died at the age of 85.
The third wife of Sir Roger Moore 's death was confirmed by family members, who say the film and TV star had been "ill for some time".
Luisa and the James Bond actor were married for 24 years and had three children together. They originally met on the set of the 1962 Italian adventure comedy Romulus and the Sabines.
Despite separating in 1993, the couple didn't officially divorce until 2002. Sir Roger left Luisa for her best friend, Swedish-born Danish socialite Kristina 'Kiki' Tholstrup.
Luisa's death was confirmed by the couple's oldest son, Geoffrey. The Mayfair restaurateur said: "Sadly, I can confirm it is the case."
He commented from Switzerland, where Luisa was reportedly living at the time of her death.
Another family member commented: "Luisa was ill for some time, so it has been a difficult period for all the family. Despite her acrimonious split from Sir Roger, they were reconciled before his death."
© Mirrorpix Sir Roger and Luisa got married in London in 1969
The actress was born San Stino di Livenza, Veneto, and she went on to study at the Centro Sperimentale di Cinematografia, which is Western Europe's oldest film school.
Her first recognised role came at the age of 23 when she played a part in the 1959 Italian drama The Night of The Great Attack. She played the role of a maid.
It was two years later that she starred alongside Sir Roger in the hit movie Romulus and the Sabines.
The actor was still married to his second wife, Dorothy Squires, at the time.
Sir Roger and Dorothy split shortly after and he married Luisa in a ceremony in London in 1969. The couple shared three children together; Geoffrey, Deborah and Christian.
In her memoirs later in life, Luisa commented on how she had felt "betrayed" by her best friend and "discarded" by her husband.
Following the news of her death, fans and famous faces took to social media to share their condolences.
Film producer Jonathan Sothcott wrote on Twitter : "We are very sad to hear that Luisa Moore (Luisa Mattioli) has passed away. Mother of our dear friends Geoffrey & Deborah. A glamorous, formidable lady & a wonderful mum. RIP. All our love, Jonathan & @JanineNerissa."
Reference: Mirror: Jamie Roberts
Articles - Latest
- 'MONSTER' storm hits Sydney with giant HAIL and tornado warnings
- Meteorite crashes through roof of Canada woman’s home and on to bed
- ‘This comforter of blue’: how Shatner’s blast into space became an ode to Earth
- Wham! bassist, Deon Estus, has died aged 65
- Rotting Red Sea oil tanker could leave 8m people without water
- Ex on the Beach star Chris Pearson dies aged 25 after LA stabbing
- William Shatner's space launch on Blue Origin's New Shepard: When to watch and what to know
- James Brokenshire, ‘the nicest man in politics’, dies aged 53 after battle with cancer
- Perseverance images confirm Jezero crater is an ancient Martian lake
- Work by pioneering sculptor goes on display to mark Black History Month
- Luisa Mattioli dead: Italian actress and third wife of Roger Moore dies aged 85
- London flooding: The most dramatic pictures and videos as commuters left stranded
- After 3.5 million-year hiatus, the largest comet ever discovered is headed our way
- Bridgerton stylist Marc Pilcher dies of Covid
- Emergency clean-up launched as huge oil spill kills wildlife and closes beaches in California
- Tributes paid as former head of Royal Marines 'takes own life' aged 54
- Controversial French tycoon and former minister Bernard Tapie dies at 78
- Marie Antoinette's secret love 'affair' with Swedish count revealed by x-ray technology
- Rare images revealing 19th century China set to fetch £20,000
- Alan Lancaster death: Status Quo founding bassist dies aged 72
Articles - Most Read
- Contact Us
- Cosmic Consciousness - What is Cosmic Consciousness-2
- Cosmic Consciousness-Introduction
- Cosmic Consciousness - Introduction-2
- Cosmic Consciousness - What is Cosmic Consciousness?
- Cosmic Consciousness First Words - 1V - 2
- Cosmic Consciousness First Words - V -
- The Human Condition-Thomas Keating
- Cosmic Consciousness V - 2
- Cosmic consciousness - First Words - IV
- Cosmic Consciousness-On the Plane of Self Consciousness
- Drinking From The Mountain Stream - Milarepa
- The Human Condition - 4
- Evolution and Devolution-Chapter 2
- The Human Condition - Thomas keating-3
- The Human Condition-2-Thomas Keating
- Evolution and Devolution-Chapter 1
- Cosmic Consciousness - 3 - On the Plane of Self Consciousness
- The Human Condition - 6
- Milarepa's World
- Web Links
- On the Plane of Self Consciousness - 2
- The Human Condition - 5
- Milarepa's World-2
- The Buddhist System of Liberation
- On the Plane of Self Consciousness IV
- Contemplation and the Divine Therapy - 2
- On the Plane of Self Consciousness IV - 2
- The Buddhist System of Liberation - 2