Bridgerton stylist Marc Pilcher dies of Covid
Stars and crew members of Netflix drama Bridgerton have shared their heartbreak after the show's Emmy-winning hair and makeup artist died of Covid.
Marc Pilcher won his first Emmy award last month for outstanding period hair-styling, and said he was 'still flying' after the ceremony.
Mr Pilcher, 53, who grew up in Chatham, Kent, had worked in TV and film since 2003 and was nominated for an Oscar for the 2018 film 'Mary, Queen of Scots' starring Saoirse Ronan. Other box office hits included Star Wars: Episode IX and both the film and TV series of Downtown Abbey.
Irish actress Nicola Coughlan, who plays wealthy heiress Penelope Featherstone in the TV series, shared the news of his death on Twitter and urged people to get the vaccine. It is believed Mr Pilcher had been double-jabbed against Covid.
Nicola tweeted: 'So heartbroken by the loss of Marc Pilcher, the brilliant and visionary hair and makeup designer for Bridgerton season one.
'Marc was so passionate about his work and so tremendously talented. Not even a month ago he won his first Emmy award.
'It's a tragedy that he's been taken so young when he had so much yet to do.
'Please also use this as a reminder that Covid is still a very real and present danger, please get vaccinated and mask up to protect yourself and others.
© Provided by Daily Mail MailOnline logo
'My heart goes out to his friends and family, especially to his wonderful team Lynda, Lou, Adam, Hollie, Tanya and Claire. He loved and cared for you all so much and my heart goes out to you all. Rest in Peace Marc.'
Lynda J. Pearce, assistant head hairstylist on Bridgerton, also paid tribute to Mr Pilcher. She posted on Instagram: 'Rest in peace my dear friend. I will love you forever and I will hold you safely in my heart always.'
According to his website, Mr Pilcher began his career in 1988, after leaving college and landing a job in West End theatre, which he described as 'the best place in the world to learn period hairdressing'.
It added: 'This happy, creative atmosphere kept him working in theatre land and on tour for 15 years, until Marc started to get offers to work as a hair and makeup artist on TV. This then turned into positions on feature films, where he works today.
'Marc's work has taken him all over the world and he feels privileged to work on such a wide variety of projects and with inspirational teams of people.'
In an interview with Vogue in February, designer Marc outlined some of his ideas when it came to working on Bridgerton.
He said: 'First, I research paintings and books of the period, then I like to add my slant on the looks using the influences of other periods and old Hollywood movies.
'I have a huge collection — I like to feed off that and mix them up with my historical knowledge to create the right look.
'The Regency look was based around the shapes of ancient Greece.
'It then reemerged in the 1980s with the UK's New Romantic scene—I'm sure it will pop up again, that beautiful Grecian shape for the women and quiffs for the men, and that use of makeup.'
Reference: Stewart Carr For Mailonline
Articles - Latest
- 'MONSTER' storm hits Sydney with giant HAIL and tornado warnings
- Meteorite crashes through roof of Canada woman’s home and on to bed
- ‘This comforter of blue’: how Shatner’s blast into space became an ode to Earth
- Wham! bassist, Deon Estus, has died aged 65
- Rotting Red Sea oil tanker could leave 8m people without water
- Ex on the Beach star Chris Pearson dies aged 25 after LA stabbing
- William Shatner's space launch on Blue Origin's New Shepard: When to watch and what to know
- James Brokenshire, ‘the nicest man in politics’, dies aged 53 after battle with cancer
- Perseverance images confirm Jezero crater is an ancient Martian lake
- Work by pioneering sculptor goes on display to mark Black History Month
- Luisa Mattioli dead: Italian actress and third wife of Roger Moore dies aged 85
- London flooding: The most dramatic pictures and videos as commuters left stranded
- After 3.5 million-year hiatus, the largest comet ever discovered is headed our way
- Bridgerton stylist Marc Pilcher dies of Covid
- Emergency clean-up launched as huge oil spill kills wildlife and closes beaches in California
- Tributes paid as former head of Royal Marines 'takes own life' aged 54
- Controversial French tycoon and former minister Bernard Tapie dies at 78
- Marie Antoinette's secret love 'affair' with Swedish count revealed by x-ray technology
- Rare images revealing 19th century China set to fetch £20,000
- Alan Lancaster death: Status Quo founding bassist dies aged 72
Articles - Most Read
- Contact Us
- Cosmic Consciousness - What is Cosmic Consciousness-2
- Cosmic Consciousness-Introduction
- Cosmic Consciousness - Introduction-2
- Cosmic Consciousness - What is Cosmic Consciousness?
- Cosmic Consciousness First Words - 1V - 2
- Cosmic Consciousness First Words - V -
- The Human Condition-Thomas Keating
- Cosmic Consciousness V - 2
- Cosmic consciousness - First Words - IV
- Cosmic Consciousness-On the Plane of Self Consciousness
- Drinking From The Mountain Stream - Milarepa
- The Human Condition - 4
- Evolution and Devolution-Chapter 2
- The Human Condition - Thomas keating-3
- The Human Condition-2-Thomas Keating
- Evolution and Devolution-Chapter 1
- Cosmic Consciousness - 3 - On the Plane of Self Consciousness
- The Human Condition - 6
- Milarepa's World
- Web Links
- On the Plane of Self Consciousness - 2
- The Human Condition - 5
- Milarepa's World-2
- The Buddhist System of Liberation
- On the Plane of Self Consciousness IV
- Contemplation and the Divine Therapy - 2
- On the Plane of Self Consciousness IV - 2
- The Buddhist System of Liberation - 2