Jenny Powell reveals her father Leslie has passed away
Jenny Powell has revealed that her father Leslie passed away over the weekend at the age of 93.
The 53-year-old TV presenter took to social media to share heart-breaking tributes to her father after his death.
Jenny uploaded a photo of herself with her father alongside a touching written tribute to her late father on Instagram on Sunday.
She wrote: 'The most beautiful soul and father to me Leslie Michael Powell passed away yesterday and the sunshine has been with me and the family all day long today.
'He has been a light, a warmth and part of our souls that will never be forgotten and he will live on in every smile, every burst of laughter and every person who he has known .. because everyone who met Les was always enchanted by his complete and utter gentlemanly ways .. he was a true and most brilliantly bright star.
'My mother had been with him for almost 70 years and they loved each other to the core.
'We will look after her Les, and your grandchildren are so very honoured to have known you and loved you as much as you loved them .. this family man is an example to us all .. love your family like nothing else and Dad I will miss you every single day, every single hour .. I Love you RIP.'
A day later, Jenny took to her Twitter account to share the same touching photo of herself with her dad.
She Tweeted saying: 'My beautiful soul of a father Leslie Michael Powell passed away this weekend. He was my everything, a true shining and guiding light and I will miss him desperately.
'Love you Dad and you live on in my every smile, and burst of laughter always.'
TV star Jenny shares her children, Pollyanna and Constance with her ex-husband, Toby Baxendale, whom she separated from in 2009.
She has since found love with sports therapist Martin.
And in January, Jenny left fans stunned as her lookalike daughter Connie, 19, joined her interview for a chat, with one viewer even commenting that 'they're like twins.'
Her UCL student daughter then joined the virtual chat from her home in London (Jenny was in Cheshire), where she described her mum as a 'big personality'.
Speaking of their close relationship, she added: 'She calls me enough - but I'm missing her.'
However, viewers couldn't get over their similarity, with one tweeting: 'Wow, they're like twins. Jenny never ages! Stunning!'
Reference: Daily Mail: Sam Baker For Mailonline
Articles - Latest
- Fossil footprints show humans in North America 11,000 years earlier than previously thought
- La Palma volcano: More dangers ahead for island after eruption
- Sarah Dash, singer with Labelle, who had a worldwide hit with the raunchy Lady Marmalade – obituary
- Melvin Van Peebles dead: Pioneer filmmaker of the Blaxploitation genre dies aged 89
- SpaceX capsule with world's first all-civilian orbital crew splashes down off Florida
- Anthony Johnson dead: Lethal Weapon star dies aged 55 after being found lifeless in a shop
- Eszter Jeles dead: Tragedy in racing as 21-year-old female jockey is fatally injured
- When A Parisian Canal Aged Two-Hundred Years Was Drained, No One Could Believe What Was In There
- Scientists launch plan to resurrect extinct woolly mammoths in the Arctic
- Home computer pioneer Sir Clive Sinclair dies aged 81
- X Factor singer Freddie Combs dies aged 49 from kidney failure
- Vera Fusek, actress who played the Earth President in Doctor Who – obituary
- Michael Constantine dies aged 94
- Deepwater Horizon: Oysters off the Gulf of Mexico plagued with tissue abnormalities after 2010 oil spill
- Jean-Paul Belmondo, star of Breathless, dies aged 88
- Female kickboxer, 26, died from a blow to the head at match
- Sarah Harding of Girls Aloud dies aged 39
- Daffney Unger dies aged 46 after concerning live stream
- Richard E Grant's wife of 35 years dies aged 71
- 14 of the most dramatic scenes as floods pummel New York and tornadoes rip through New Jersey
Articles - Most Read
- Contact Us
- Cosmic Consciousness - What is Cosmic Consciousness-2
- Cosmic Consciousness-Introduction
- Cosmic Consciousness - Introduction-2
- Cosmic Consciousness - What is Cosmic Consciousness?
- Cosmic Consciousness First Words - 1V - 2
- The Human Condition-Thomas Keating
- Cosmic Consciousness First Words - V -
- Cosmic Consciousness V - 2
- Cosmic consciousness - First Words - IV
- Cosmic Consciousness-On the Plane of Self Consciousness
- Drinking From The Mountain Stream - Milarepa
- The Human Condition - 4
- Evolution and Devolution-Chapter 2
- The Human Condition - Thomas keating-3
- The Human Condition-2-Thomas Keating
- Evolution and Devolution-Chapter 1
- Cosmic Consciousness - 3 - On the Plane of Self Consciousness
- The Human Condition - 6
- Milarepa's World
- Web Links
- On the Plane of Self Consciousness - 2
- The Human Condition - 5
- Milarepa's World-2
- The Buddhist System of Liberation
- On the Plane of Self Consciousness IV
- On the Plane of Self Consciousness IV - 2
- The Buddhist System of Liberation - 2
- Contemplation and the Divine Therapy - 2