Body pulled from sea identified as missing woman, 22, last seen months ago
Katie Foulds, 22, was last seen at around 4.15pm on Wednesday February 10, walking towards a beach in Lytham St Annes, Lancashire. Police conducted a huge search since and, on Monday April 19, a body was found at docks in Bootle, Merseyside, some 20 miles down the coast.
This morning, Katie's devastated mum Rachel shared her heartbreak as police confirmed the identity of the body, Lancashire Live reports.
The grieving mum, of Blackburn, Lancashire, said: "It's with great sadness and a heavy heart I want to announce that a body was recovered from the sea last Monday and has now been identified as my beloved daughter, Katie.
"I just want to thank everyone for their loving support and kind wishes throughout this sorrowful time, especially those who went looking for her when she first went missing.
Police are not treating the death as suspicious.
A spokesman for the Lancashire Constabulary said: "We were called around 5.30pm on April 19 to reports a body had been found at the docks at Bootle, Merseyside.
"A Home Office post mortem was conducted to help identify the body and initially proved inconclusive. However, following further tests, we can now confirm the body found is Katie, 22, who went missing from home in Blackburn on February 10 and was seen later that day in St Annes.
"The death is not being treated as suspicious. Katie's family have been informed and are being supported by officers.
"These are very sad and tragic circumstances and our thoughts remain with them at this difficult time."
Articles - Latest
- Fossil footprints show humans in North America 11,000 years earlier than previously thought
- La Palma volcano: More dangers ahead for island after eruption
- Sarah Dash, singer with Labelle, who had a worldwide hit with the raunchy Lady Marmalade – obituary
- Melvin Van Peebles dead: Pioneer filmmaker of the Blaxploitation genre dies aged 89
- SpaceX capsule with world's first all-civilian orbital crew splashes down off Florida
- Anthony Johnson dead: Lethal Weapon star dies aged 55 after being found lifeless in a shop
- Eszter Jeles dead: Tragedy in racing as 21-year-old female jockey is fatally injured
- When A Parisian Canal Aged Two-Hundred Years Was Drained, No One Could Believe What Was In There
- Scientists launch plan to resurrect extinct woolly mammoths in the Arctic
- Home computer pioneer Sir Clive Sinclair dies aged 81
- X Factor singer Freddie Combs dies aged 49 from kidney failure
- Vera Fusek, actress who played the Earth President in Doctor Who – obituary
- Michael Constantine dies aged 94
- Deepwater Horizon: Oysters off the Gulf of Mexico plagued with tissue abnormalities after 2010 oil spill
- Jean-Paul Belmondo, star of Breathless, dies aged 88
- Female kickboxer, 26, died from a blow to the head at match
- Sarah Harding of Girls Aloud dies aged 39
- Daffney Unger dies aged 46 after concerning live stream
- Richard E Grant's wife of 35 years dies aged 71
- 14 of the most dramatic scenes as floods pummel New York and tornadoes rip through New Jersey
Articles - Most Read
- Contact Us
- Cosmic Consciousness - What is Cosmic Consciousness-2
- Cosmic Consciousness-Introduction
- Cosmic Consciousness - Introduction-2
- Cosmic Consciousness - What is Cosmic Consciousness?
- Cosmic Consciousness First Words - 1V - 2
- The Human Condition-Thomas Keating
- Cosmic Consciousness First Words - V -
- Cosmic Consciousness V - 2
- Cosmic consciousness - First Words - IV
- Cosmic Consciousness-On the Plane of Self Consciousness
- Drinking From The Mountain Stream - Milarepa
- The Human Condition - 4
- Evolution and Devolution-Chapter 2
- The Human Condition - Thomas keating-3
- The Human Condition-2-Thomas Keating
- Evolution and Devolution-Chapter 1
- Cosmic Consciousness - 3 - On the Plane of Self Consciousness
- The Human Condition - 6
- Milarepa's World
- Web Links
- On the Plane of Self Consciousness - 2
- The Human Condition - 5
- Milarepa's World-2
- The Buddhist System of Liberation
- On the Plane of Self Consciousness IV
- On the Plane of Self Consciousness IV - 2
- The Buddhist System of Liberation - 2
- Contemplation and the Divine Therapy - 2