Miley Cyrus pays tribute to 'sunshine' grandmother following death
Miley Cyrus has paid tribute to her "inspirational" grandmother following her death.
The pop star, 27, affectionately referred to her maternal grandmother, whose name was Loretta Finley, as "Mammie" and they were known to attend red carpet events together.
Ms Cyrus shared a series of photos and said her grandmother would always be her "inspiration and fashion icon".
The singer said on Twitter: "Even though you are gone…. NOTHING has or ever will change.
"You will FOREVER be my inspiration and fashion icon.
"Even more than that the ultimate model of being a true LIGHT in a dark world.
"You are sunshine. Everyday I wake and see that fiery ball in the sky I will see your face.
"Then say a prayer thanking heaven above for giving me the best grandmother a girl could ever be gifted.
"I will miss you for the rest of my life…."
The former Hannah Montana star continued: "I will keep your spirit here by continuing to do good for others and treating them the way we all desire to be treated.
"With an infinite amount of the same gentle kindness you displayed daily. We will ache everyday you are not with us…."
Miley Cyrus wearing a suit and tie: Miley described her grandmother as © Provided by Evening Standard Miley described her grandmother as
She also shared a video of her grandmother being interviewed on a red carpet, in which the reporter asks, "Grandma Ray Cyrus, what should I call you?” to which she replies "Mammie".
Ms Cyrus' father is the country music star Billy Ray Cyrus.
She divorced from actor Liam Hemsworth in January after Mr Hemsworth filed the legal papers in August 2019, about eight months after their wedding.
They were together for nearly 10 years before they tied the knot in December 2018.
Reference: Evening Standard: Imogen Braddick 6 days ago: 22.08/2020
Articles - Latest
- BUDDHA THE 1ST BLACK REVOLUTIONARY HERO - 5
- BUDDHA THE 1ST BLACK REVOLUTIONARY HERO - 4
- BUDDHA THE 1ST BLACK REVOLUTIONARY HERO - 3
- BUDDHA THE 1ST BLACK REVOLUTIONARY HERO-2
- Shakyamuni Buddha or India the 1st “Black Revolutionary Hero.”
- Naomi Campbell is mourning the loss of her beloved grandmother.
- Miley Cyrus pays tribute to 'sunshine' grandmother following death
- Mass grave discovered in Japan with bodies buried in circular holes
- The Buddhist System of Liberation - 2
- On the Plane of Self Consciousness IV - 2
Articles - Most Read
- Contact Us
- Cosmic Consciousness - What is Cosmic Consciousness-2
- Cosmic Consciousness - Introduction-2
- Cosmic Consciousness-Introduction
- Cosmic Consciousness - What is Cosmic Consciousness?
- Cosmic Consciousness First Words - 1V - 2
- Cosmic Consciousness V - 2
- Cosmic Consciousness First Words - V -
- Cosmic consciousness - First Words - IV