'I will miss my Grandpa': William pays tribute to 'extraordinary' Duke of Edinburgh
Describing Prince Philip as "an extraordinary man", William said he will "miss my Grandpa".
In a statement, he said: "My grandfather's century of life was defined by service - to his country and Commonwealth, to his wife and Queen, and to our family.
"I feel lucky to have not just had his example to guide me, but his enduring presence well into my own adult life - both through good times and the hardest days.
"I will always be grateful that my wife had so many years to get to know my grandfather and for the kindness he showed her.
"I will never take for granted the special memories my children will always have of their great-grandpa coming to collect them in his carriage and seeing for themselves his infectious sense of adventure as well as his mischievous sense of humour!
"My grandfather was an extraordinary man and part of an extraordinary generation. Catherine and I will continue to do what he would have wanted and will support The Queen in the years ahead. I will miss my Grandpa, but I know he would want us to get on with the job."
Kensington Palace shared a photograph of a young Prince George with his great-grandfather alongside the message from William.
George, a future king, is pictured sat beside the duke on the box seat of a carriage, as Philip held the reins and a whip.
The image was taken by the Duchess of Cambridge in Norfolk in 2015.
It comes a day after members of the Royal Family gathered at a Windsor church service, with Prince Andrew saying that his father was a "remarkable man" and that relatives were "rallying round" the Queen.
He revealed that the Queen had described the Duke of Edinburgh's death "as having left a huge void in her life".
Prince Edward's wife, the Countess of Wessex, also shared details of the duke's final moments, calling his death "very peaceful".
On Saturday, Prince Charles also spoke about his "dear Papa" and said the 99-year-old "would have been amazed" by the tributes to him.
MPs and politicians across the UK are returning early from the Easter break today to pay tribute to Prince Philip.
Members are back at the Commons a day early, the Welsh and Scottish parliaments have been recalled, while the Northern Ireland Assembly will also pay its respects.
Prince Philip's funeral on Saturday is limited to 30 people under coronavirus rules and will be televised. It will be preceded by a national minute's silence.
The duke was married to Queen Elizabeth II for more than 70 years and became the longest-serving consort in British history - he was due to turn 100 in two months' time, on 10 June.
Reference: Sky News: 5 hrs ago
Articles - Latest
- PAUL MOONEY DEATH: ACTOR AND COMEDY WRITING PARTNER OF RICHARD PRYOR DIES, AGED 79
- PERSONALITY SINGER LLOYD PRICE DIES AT 88 FROM DIABETES COMPLICATIONS
- ZULU QUEEN: MANTFOMBI DLAMINI-ZULU BURIED AMID SUCCESSION ROW
- JIMMY RICH DEATH: AVENGERS STARS LEAD TRIBUTES TO ROBERT DOWNEY JR’S ‘RIGHT-HAND MAN’, WHO HAS DIED AT 52
- JANE MCDONALD BREAKS SILENCE FOLLOWING TRAGIC DEATH OF HER BELOVED PARTNER ED
- WOMAN WHO WAS REVIVED AFTER DROWNING EXPLAINS WHAT DYING FEELS LIKE
- ICONIC LEVIS MODEL NICK KAMEN DIES AT 59 - SIX YEARS AFTER BROTHER BARRY'S DEATH AGED 52
- TOM HICKEY DEAD: MOONE BOY ACTOR DIES WITH CHRIS O'DOWD LEADING TRIBUTES
- SOLI SORABJEE, FORMER ATTORNEY GENERAL OF INDIA, PASSES AWAY AFTER CONTRACTING COVID-19
- BODY PULLED FROM SEA IDENTIFIED AS MISSING WOMAN, 22, LAST SEEN MONTHS AGO
- TRIBUTES PAID TO ‘ANGELIC SON’ WHO DIED TRYING TO RESCUE WOMAN FROM RIVER THAMES
- FRENCH CAVERS ON FAST FORWARD AS 40-DAY UNDERGROUND ISOLATION GOES BY IN NO TIME
- I’M IN INDIA AND HORRIFIED BY THE COVID CRISIS – I NEVER THOUGHT WE’D SEE DEATH ON THIS SCALE HERE
- WOMAN, 55, DIAGNOSED WITH TERMINAL CANCER PLANS LAST-MINUTE WEDDING
- INDONESIAN SUBMARINE FOUND SPLIT IN PIECES, ALL 53 CREW DECLARED DEAD
- CELEBRITIES PAY TRIBUTE TO LATE ACTRESS HELEN MCCRORY: JK ROWLING, PIERS MORGAN & MORE
- ADAM PERKINS DEATH: VIRAL VINE STAR DIES AGED 24
- JACQUELINE JOSSA HEARTBROKEN AS SHE ANNOUNCES HER BELOVED GRANDAD HAS DIED IN LOVING TRIBUTE
- BOY, 12, DIES AFTER DOING TIKTOK BLACKOUT CHALLENGE
- AFTERLIFE: CHILDREN REMEMBER PAST LIVES CLAIMS PSYCHIATRIST
Articles - Most Read
- Contact Us
- Cosmic Consciousness - What is Cosmic Consciousness-2
- Cosmic Consciousness-Introduction
- Cosmic Consciousness - Introduction-2
- Cosmic Consciousness - What is Cosmic Consciousness?
- Cosmic Consciousness First Words - 1V - 2
- Cosmic Consciousness First Words - V -
- Cosmic Consciousness V - 2
- The Human Condition-Thomas Keating
- Cosmic consciousness - First Words - IV
- Cosmic Consciousness-On the Plane of Self Consciousness
- Drinking From The Mountain Stream - Milarepa
- The Human Condition - 4
- Evolution and Devolution-Chapter 2
- The Human Condition - Thomas keating-3
- The Human Condition-2-Thomas Keating
- Cosmic Consciousness - 3 - On the Plane of Self Consciousness
- Evolution and Devolution-Chapter 1
- The Human Condition - 6