X Factor singer Freddie Combs dies aged 49 from kidney failure
The X Factor US contestant Freddie Combs has sadly died at the age of 49 from kidney failure.
The singer became a star from Simon Cowell’s US edition of the talent competition, where he wowed the judges with his dulcet tones on the huge stage.
Freddie died at a hospital in Florida according to US publication TMZ.
He was surrounded by his family and friends. The singer’s wife Kay paid tribute to her beloved husband as she told the website that she is so thankful to have had 25 years with Freddie.
"I have so much gratitude to be his wife for 25 years and to be his best friend,” Kay said, but unfortunately said she’d known he was going to pass the day before he actually did.
The X Factor contestant had been fighting to lose all of his excess weight for the last 11 years, after reaching 64 stone at his peak.
© getty THE X FACTOR: Contestant Eddie Combs performs in front of the judges on an all new episode of THE X FACTOR airing Thursday, September 27, 2012 (8:00-9:00PM ET/PT) on FOX. (Photo by FOX
But the star managed to turn his life around and ended up losing 37 stone in total.
Freddie had also devoted his life to being a minister, but when he belted out Wind Beneath My Wings on The X Factor he was an instant favourite with viewers.
Simon and fellow judge L.A. Reid told Freddie at the time that they would support him on his journey if he promised them he’d lose weight and get out of his wheelchair.
Despite his determination to do just that, the contestant was knocked out of the competition shortly after.
Freddie, who was originally from the state of North Carolina, opened up on his struggles before his audition.
"I was bedridden and never came out of the house," he said in a prerecorded interview. "My music was never heard.
"My biggest dream would be to give hope to people who are my size. I hope the judges will look past my exterior and give a fat boy a chance."
After his powerful audition, Simon had told him: "I don't believe you deserve to be stuck in this chair. I'll back you if you back yourself."
Britney Spears, a judge at the time, also praised the contestant for his "shockingly amazing" voice.
Reference: OK :Roxanne Hughes
Articles - Latest
- Sugar-loving microbes could help power future cars, study shows
- Bulgaria bus crash: At least 45 killed after vehicle catches fire on motorway
- Suspect who 'intentionally' drove into crowds at Christmas parade 'was fleeing domestic disturbance'
- Nasa spacecraft will crash into asteroid to test defence technology
- Astronomers discover fastest spinning white dwarf star
- Malcolm X's daughter Malikah Shabazz found dead in Brooklyn apartment
- Politicians arrive at cathedral for Amess' funeral
- Denise Bryer, actress who voiced Little Weed in The Flowerpot Men and was married to Nicholas Parsons – obituary
- Double child killer Colin Pitchford arrested after being released from prison
- Funeral home sued for $88m for burying wrong body in mother’s plot
- Astra reaches orbit for 1st time on test flight for US military
- Rapper Young Dolph killed during shopping trip in home town
- ‘Their music lit a fire in me’: hearing the voices of three neglected composers gave me my own
- Fashion’s own ‘black widow’: the true story of the house of Gucci murder
- Rugby player, 40, dies just nine days after his wedding
- Solar storm warning: Stream of charged particles set to lash Earth - impact time predicted
- 20 infamous cases of whitewashing
- Chile desert is littered with gigantic mountain of used clothes
- Ronnie Wilson: Musician who brought groove to many funk hits
- Canada floods: Emergency services rescue hundreds trapped in cars in British Columbia
- Best-selling author Wilbur Smith dies
- Russia responds after debris from explosion caused emergency at International Space Station
- Three people stung to death as storms in Egypt wash scorpions and snakes into the streets
Articles - Most Read
- Contact Us
- Cosmic Consciousness - What is Cosmic Consciousness-2
- Cosmic Consciousness-Introduction
- Cosmic Consciousness - Introduction-2
- Cosmic Consciousness First Words - 1V - 2
- The Human Condition-Thomas Keating
- Cosmic Consciousness - What is Cosmic Consciousness?
- Cosmic Consciousness First Words - V -
- Cosmic Consciousness V - 2
- Cosmic consciousness - First Words - IV
- Cosmic Consciousness-On the Plane of Self Consciousness
- Drinking From The Mountain Stream - Milarepa
- The Human Condition - 4
- Evolution and Devolution-Chapter 2
- The Human Condition - Thomas keating-3
- The Human Condition-2-Thomas Keating
- Evolution and Devolution-Chapter 1
- Cosmic Consciousness - 3 - On the Plane of Self Consciousness
- The Human Condition - 6
- Milarepa's World
- Web Links
- On the Plane of Self Consciousness - 2
- The Human Condition - 5
- Milarepa's World-2
- The Buddhist System of Liberation
- On the Plane of Self Consciousness IV
- On the Plane of Self Consciousness IV - 2
- Contemplation and the Divine Therapy - 2
- The Buddhist System of Liberation - 2
- Contemplation and the Divine Therapy
- JERRY RAWLINGS, GHANAIAN STRONG MAN WHO CAME TO POWER IN A COUP BUT INTRODUCED DEMOCRACY – OBITUARY
- Mass grave discovered in Japan with bodies buried in circular holes
- Shakyamuni Buddha or India the 1st “Black Revolutionary Hero.”