Luisa Mattioli dead: Italian actress and third wife of Roger Moore dies aged 85
Italian actress Luisa Mattioli has died at the age of 85.
The third wife of Sir Roger Moore 's death was confirmed by family members, who say the film and TV star had been "ill for some time".
Luisa and the James Bond actor were married for 24 years and had three children together. They originally met on the set of the 1962 Italian adventure comedy Romulus and the Sabines.
Despite separating in 1993, the couple didn't officially divorce until 2002. Sir Roger left Luisa for her best friend, Swedish-born Danish socialite Kristina 'Kiki' Tholstrup.
Luisa's death was confirmed by the couple's oldest son, Geoffrey. The Mayfair restaurateur said: "Sadly, I can confirm it is the case."
He commented from Switzerland, where Luisa was reportedly living at the time of her death.
Another family member commented: "Luisa was ill for some time, so it has been a difficult period for all the family. Despite her acrimonious split from Sir Roger, they were reconciled before his death."
© Mirrorpix Sir Roger and Luisa got married in London in 1969
The actress was born San Stino di Livenza, Veneto, and she went on to study at the Centro Sperimentale di Cinematografia, which is Western Europe's oldest film school.
Her first recognised role came at the age of 23 when she played a part in the 1959 Italian drama The Night of The Great Attack. She played the role of a maid.
It was two years later that she starred alongside Sir Roger in the hit movie Romulus and the Sabines.
The actor was still married to his second wife, Dorothy Squires, at the time.
Sir Roger and Dorothy split shortly after and he married Luisa in a ceremony in London in 1969. The couple shared three children together; Geoffrey, Deborah and Christian.
In her memoirs later in life, Luisa commented on how she had felt "betrayed" by her best friend and "discarded" by her husband.
Following the news of her death, fans and famous faces took to social media to share their condolences.
Film producer Jonathan Sothcott wrote on Twitter : "We are very sad to hear that Luisa Moore (Luisa Mattioli) has passed away. Mother of our dear friends Geoffrey & Deborah. A glamorous, formidable lady & a wonderful mum. RIP. All our love, Jonathan & @JanineNerissa."
Reference: Mirror: Jamie Roberts
Articles - Latest
- Sugar-loving microbes could help power future cars, study shows
- Bulgaria bus crash: At least 45 killed after vehicle catches fire on motorway
- Suspect who 'intentionally' drove into crowds at Christmas parade 'was fleeing domestic disturbance'
- Nasa spacecraft will crash into asteroid to test defence technology
- Astronomers discover fastest spinning white dwarf star
- Malcolm X's daughter Malikah Shabazz found dead in Brooklyn apartment
- Politicians arrive at cathedral for Amess' funeral
- Denise Bryer, actress who voiced Little Weed in The Flowerpot Men and was married to Nicholas Parsons – obituary
- Double child killer Colin Pitchford arrested after being released from prison
- Funeral home sued for $88m for burying wrong body in mother’s plot
- Astra reaches orbit for 1st time on test flight for US military
- Rapper Young Dolph killed during shopping trip in home town
- ‘Their music lit a fire in me’: hearing the voices of three neglected composers gave me my own
- Fashion’s own ‘black widow’: the true story of the house of Gucci murder
- Rugby player, 40, dies just nine days after his wedding
- Solar storm warning: Stream of charged particles set to lash Earth - impact time predicted
- 20 infamous cases of whitewashing
- Chile desert is littered with gigantic mountain of used clothes
- Ronnie Wilson: Musician who brought groove to many funk hits
- Canada floods: Emergency services rescue hundreds trapped in cars in British Columbia
- Best-selling author Wilbur Smith dies
- Russia responds after debris from explosion caused emergency at International Space Station
- Three people stung to death as storms in Egypt wash scorpions and snakes into the streets
Articles - Most Read
- Contact Us
- Cosmic Consciousness - What is Cosmic Consciousness-2
- Cosmic Consciousness-Introduction
- Cosmic Consciousness - Introduction-2
- Cosmic Consciousness First Words - 1V - 2
- The Human Condition-Thomas Keating
- Cosmic Consciousness - What is Cosmic Consciousness?
- Cosmic Consciousness First Words - V -
- Cosmic Consciousness V - 2
- Cosmic consciousness - First Words - IV
- Cosmic Consciousness-On the Plane of Self Consciousness
- Drinking From The Mountain Stream - Milarepa
- The Human Condition - 4
- Evolution and Devolution-Chapter 2
- The Human Condition - Thomas keating-3
- The Human Condition-2-Thomas Keating
- Evolution and Devolution-Chapter 1
- Cosmic Consciousness - 3 - On the Plane of Self Consciousness
- The Human Condition - 6
- Milarepa's World
- Web Links
- On the Plane of Self Consciousness - 2
- The Human Condition - 5
- Milarepa's World-2
- The Buddhist System of Liberation
- On the Plane of Self Consciousness IV
- On the Plane of Self Consciousness IV - 2
- The Buddhist System of Liberation - 2
- Contemplation and the Divine Therapy - 2
- Contemplation and the Divine Therapy
- JERRY RAWLINGS, GHANAIAN STRONG MAN WHO CAME TO POWER IN A COUP BUT INTRODUCED DEMOCRACY – OBITUARY
- Mass grave discovered in Japan with bodies buried in circular holes
- Shakyamuni Buddha or India the 1st “Black Revolutionary Hero.”