Partygoers bludgeon gunman to death with bricks after fatal shooting in Texas
A gunman who opened fire on a backyard party in Texas was chased and killed by guests throwing landscaping bricks, according to police and reports.
The man shot three people – one at the party and two during the chase – one of whom died.
Fort Worth police said the shooter was hit multiple times with a brick and was pronounced dead at the scene. Fox4 reporter Shannon Murray characterised the bricks as "gardening stones".
The shooting in the Fort Worth neighbourhood of Como, about 40 miles west of Dallas, broke out after an altercation between a group of people about 1am local time Monday, police said.
The gunman had left the party but returned to shoot at least one person in the backyard. He fled but was caught by the group.
"At some point, the shooter was caught by the group and either fell or was taken to the ground," the police said.
"The shooter continued to shoot at the group, striking at least two additional victims. A victim was pronounced dead at the scene."
As well as the dead shooter and victim – said to be a 34-year-old man – authorities said one other person was in a critical condition and two had non-life-threatening injuries.
Police did not describe what caused the initial disagreement and no arrests have been made. A handgun was recovered by investigators.
Neighbour Dee Edwards told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram that she called police after hearing a commotion and seeing "two bodies in my driveway”.
Reference: Independent: Justin Vallejo
Articles - Latest
- Fossil footprints show humans in North America 11,000 years earlier than previously thought
- La Palma volcano: More dangers ahead for island after eruption
- Sarah Dash, singer with Labelle, who had a worldwide hit with the raunchy Lady Marmalade – obituary
- Melvin Van Peebles dead: Pioneer filmmaker of the Blaxploitation genre dies aged 89
- SpaceX capsule with world's first all-civilian orbital crew splashes down off Florida
- Anthony Johnson dead: Lethal Weapon star dies aged 55 after being found lifeless in a shop
- Eszter Jeles dead: Tragedy in racing as 21-year-old female jockey is fatally injured
- When A Parisian Canal Aged Two-Hundred Years Was Drained, No One Could Believe What Was In There
- Scientists launch plan to resurrect extinct woolly mammoths in the Arctic
- Home computer pioneer Sir Clive Sinclair dies aged 81
- X Factor singer Freddie Combs dies aged 49 from kidney failure
- Vera Fusek, actress who played the Earth President in Doctor Who – obituary
- Michael Constantine dies aged 94
- Deepwater Horizon: Oysters off the Gulf of Mexico plagued with tissue abnormalities after 2010 oil spill
- Jean-Paul Belmondo, star of Breathless, dies aged 88
- Female kickboxer, 26, died from a blow to the head at match
- Sarah Harding of Girls Aloud dies aged 39
- Daffney Unger dies aged 46 after concerning live stream
- Richard E Grant's wife of 35 years dies aged 71
- 14 of the most dramatic scenes as floods pummel New York and tornadoes rip through New Jersey
Articles - Most Read
- Contact Us
- Cosmic Consciousness - What is Cosmic Consciousness-2
- Cosmic Consciousness-Introduction
- Cosmic Consciousness - Introduction-2
- Cosmic Consciousness - What is Cosmic Consciousness?
- Cosmic Consciousness First Words - 1V - 2
- The Human Condition-Thomas Keating
- Cosmic Consciousness First Words - V -
- Cosmic Consciousness V - 2
- Cosmic consciousness - First Words - IV
- Cosmic Consciousness-On the Plane of Self Consciousness
- Drinking From The Mountain Stream - Milarepa
- The Human Condition - 4
- Evolution and Devolution-Chapter 2
- The Human Condition - Thomas keating-3
- The Human Condition-2-Thomas Keating
- Evolution and Devolution-Chapter 1
- Cosmic Consciousness - 3 - On the Plane of Self Consciousness
- The Human Condition - 6
- Milarepa's World
- Web Links
- On the Plane of Self Consciousness - 2
- The Human Condition - 5
- Milarepa's World-2
- The Buddhist System of Liberation
- On the Plane of Self Consciousness IV
- On the Plane of Self Consciousness IV - 2
- The Buddhist System of Liberation - 2
- Contemplation and the Divine Therapy - 2