Robin Parkinson death: ’Allo! ’Allo! star and Button Moon narrator dies aged 92
Actor Robin Parkinson, best known for his roles as the voice of Button Moon and Monsieur Leclerc in the 1980s sitcom ’Allo! ’Allo!, has died at the age of 92.
A statement released on Tuesday night said he died on 7 May “with his wife and daughters by his side”.
Parkinson’s acting career spanned more than four decades and saw him perform in film, TV and theatre.
His biggest role was in ’Allo! ’Allo!, in which he appeared from series seven to nine after the death of the original Ernest Leclerc, Derek Royle.
To many, he was best known as the narrator of the children’s show Button Moon, which ran from 1980 to 1988.
Provided by The Independent Parkinson on stage in 2004 (Tony Larkin/Shutterstock)
Parkinson, who was born in Coventry, also had roles in popular series such as Dad’s Army, It Ain’t Half Hot Mum, The Young Ones and The Kenny Everett Show.
He began his stage career at the Birmingham Repertory Theatre and would go on to play his ’Allo! ’Allo! role in the subsequent West End production and Australian tour in the 1990s.
Reference; Independent: Isobel Lewis
Articles - Latest
- Could vertical farms be the answer to ending soft fruit and herb imports to UK? Saphora Smith - 8 Jun
- The 'strange' shipwreck on the Yorkshire coast only visible at low tide
- At least 49 dead and more than 100 injured after huge fire causes multiple blasts at container depot 5 Jun
- Kelly Joe Phelps, blues and country musician, dies aged 62
- A tribute to John Obi Mikel, Nigeria creator turned Chelsea water carrier
- OM MANI PADME HUM - BEAUTIFUL VERSION
- What are coronal mass ejections?
- Porridge actress Patricia Brake dies aged 79 after ‘long battle with cancer’
- Jim Parks, former England wicketkeeper, dies aged 90
- Alan White, drummer with prog rock band Yes, dies aged 72
- Mail journalist Barry Edwards dies of rare cancer aged 72 Daily Mail Reporter 4 days ago
- George Pérez obituaryGeorge Pérez obituary
- Lester Piggott: Britain's most famous jockey dies aged 86
- Marion Barber death: Former Dallas Cowboys player found dead, aged 38
- Blue-whale-size asteroid to screech past Earth in close encounter on June 6
- 2,100-year-old burial of woman lying on bronze 'mermaid bed' unearthed in Greece
- Bo Hopkins obituary
- Andy Fletcher obituary
- Goodfellas actor Ray Liotta dies aged 67 as he shoots new film in Caribbean
- Rock and roll legend Ronnie Hawkins dies aged 87
- As The World Turns’ star Marnie Schulenburg has died, aged 37
- Vangelis, composer of Chariots of Fire and Blade Runner soundtracks, dies aged 79
- Shivkumar Sharma obituary
Articles - Most Read
- Contact Us
- The science behind Ouija boards
- Cosmic Consciousness - What is Cosmic Consciousness-2
- Cosmic Consciousness-Introduction
- Cosmic Consciousness - Introduction-2
- The Human Condition-Thomas Keating
- Cosmic Consciousness First Words - 1V - 2
- Cosmic Consciousness First Words - V -
- Cosmic Consciousness - What is Cosmic Consciousness?
- Cosmic Consciousness V - 2
- Cosmic consciousness - First Words - IV
- Cosmic Consciousness-On the Plane of Self Consciousness
- The Human Condition - 4
- Evolution and Devolution-Chapter 2
- Drinking From The Mountain Stream - Milarepa
- The Human Condition-2-Thomas Keating
- The Human Condition - Thomas keating-3
- Evolution and Devolution-Chapter 1
- Cosmic Consciousness - 3 - On the Plane of Self Consciousness
- The Human Condition - 6
- Milarepa's World
- On the Plane of Self Consciousness - 2
- Web Links
- The Human Condition - 5
- Milarepa's World-2
- The Buddhist System of Liberation
- On the Plane of Self Consciousness IV
- The Buddhist System of Liberation - 2
- Contemplation and the Divine Therapy - 2
- On the Plane of Self Consciousness IV - 2
- JERRY RAWLINGS, GHANAIAN STRONG MAN WHO CAME TO POWER IN A COUP BUT INTRODUCED DEMOCRACY – OBITUARY
- Shakyamuni Buddha or India the 1st “Black Revolutionary Hero.”
- Contemplation and the Divine Therapy