Bridgerton stylist Marc Pilcher dies of Covid
Stars and crew members of Netflix drama Bridgerton have shared their heartbreak after the show's Emmy-winning hair and makeup artist died of Covid.
Marc Pilcher won his first Emmy award last month for outstanding period hair-styling, and said he was 'still flying' after the ceremony.
Mr Pilcher, 53, who grew up in Chatham, Kent, had worked in TV and film since 2003 and was nominated for an Oscar for the 2018 film 'Mary, Queen of Scots' starring Saoirse Ronan. Other box office hits included Star Wars: Episode IX and both the film and TV series of Downtown Abbey.
Irish actress Nicola Coughlan, who plays wealthy heiress Penelope Featherstone in the TV series, shared the news of his death on Twitter and urged people to get the vaccine. It is believed Mr Pilcher had been double-jabbed against Covid.
Nicola tweeted: 'So heartbroken by the loss of Marc Pilcher, the brilliant and visionary hair and makeup designer for Bridgerton season one.
'Marc was so passionate about his work and so tremendously talented. Not even a month ago he won his first Emmy award.
'It's a tragedy that he's been taken so young when he had so much yet to do.
'Please also use this as a reminder that Covid is still a very real and present danger, please get vaccinated and mask up to protect yourself and others.
© Provided by Daily Mail MailOnline logo
'My heart goes out to his friends and family, especially to his wonderful team Lynda, Lou, Adam, Hollie, Tanya and Claire. He loved and cared for you all so much and my heart goes out to you all. Rest in Peace Marc.'
Lynda J. Pearce, assistant head hairstylist on Bridgerton, also paid tribute to Mr Pilcher. She posted on Instagram: 'Rest in peace my dear friend. I will love you forever and I will hold you safely in my heart always.'
According to his website, Mr Pilcher began his career in 1988, after leaving college and landing a job in West End theatre, which he described as 'the best place in the world to learn period hairdressing'.
It added: 'This happy, creative atmosphere kept him working in theatre land and on tour for 15 years, until Marc started to get offers to work as a hair and makeup artist on TV. This then turned into positions on feature films, where he works today.
'Marc's work has taken him all over the world and he feels privileged to work on such a wide variety of projects and with inspirational teams of people.'
In an interview with Vogue in February, designer Marc outlined some of his ideas when it came to working on Bridgerton.
He said: 'First, I research paintings and books of the period, then I like to add my slant on the looks using the influences of other periods and old Hollywood movies.
'I have a huge collection — I like to feed off that and mix them up with my historical knowledge to create the right look.
'The Regency look was based around the shapes of ancient Greece.
'It then reemerged in the 1980s with the UK's New Romantic scene—I'm sure it will pop up again, that beautiful Grecian shape for the women and quiffs for the men, and that use of makeup.'
Reference: Stewart Carr For Mailonline
Articles - Latest
- Sugar-loving microbes could help power future cars, study shows
- Bulgaria bus crash: At least 45 killed after vehicle catches fire on motorway
- Suspect who 'intentionally' drove into crowds at Christmas parade 'was fleeing domestic disturbance'
- Nasa spacecraft will crash into asteroid to test defence technology
- Astronomers discover fastest spinning white dwarf star
- Malcolm X's daughter Malikah Shabazz found dead in Brooklyn apartment
- Politicians arrive at cathedral for Amess' funeral
- Denise Bryer, actress who voiced Little Weed in The Flowerpot Men and was married to Nicholas Parsons – obituary
- Double child killer Colin Pitchford arrested after being released from prison
- Funeral home sued for $88m for burying wrong body in mother’s plot
- Astra reaches orbit for 1st time on test flight for US military
- Rapper Young Dolph killed during shopping trip in home town
- ‘Their music lit a fire in me’: hearing the voices of three neglected composers gave me my own
- Fashion’s own ‘black widow’: the true story of the house of Gucci murder
- Rugby player, 40, dies just nine days after his wedding
- Solar storm warning: Stream of charged particles set to lash Earth - impact time predicted
- 20 infamous cases of whitewashing
- Chile desert is littered with gigantic mountain of used clothes
- Ronnie Wilson: Musician who brought groove to many funk hits
- Canada floods: Emergency services rescue hundreds trapped in cars in British Columbia
- Best-selling author Wilbur Smith dies
- Russia responds after debris from explosion caused emergency at International Space Station
- Three people stung to death as storms in Egypt wash scorpions and snakes into the streets
Articles - Most Read
- Contact Us
- Cosmic Consciousness - What is Cosmic Consciousness-2
- Cosmic Consciousness-Introduction
- Cosmic Consciousness - Introduction-2
- Cosmic Consciousness First Words - 1V - 2
- The Human Condition-Thomas Keating
- Cosmic Consciousness - What is Cosmic Consciousness?
- Cosmic Consciousness First Words - V -
- Cosmic Consciousness V - 2
- Cosmic consciousness - First Words - IV
- Cosmic Consciousness-On the Plane of Self Consciousness
- Drinking From The Mountain Stream - Milarepa
- The Human Condition - 4
- Evolution and Devolution-Chapter 2
- The Human Condition - Thomas keating-3
- The Human Condition-2-Thomas Keating
- Evolution and Devolution-Chapter 1
- Cosmic Consciousness - 3 - On the Plane of Self Consciousness
- The Human Condition - 6
- Milarepa's World
- Web Links
- On the Plane of Self Consciousness - 2
- The Human Condition - 5
- Milarepa's World-2
- The Buddhist System of Liberation
- On the Plane of Self Consciousness IV
- On the Plane of Self Consciousness IV - 2
- Contemplation and the Divine Therapy - 2
- The Buddhist System of Liberation - 2
- Contemplation and the Divine Therapy
- JERRY RAWLINGS, GHANAIAN STRONG MAN WHO CAME TO POWER IN A COUP BUT INTRODUCED DEMOCRACY – OBITUARY
- Mass grave discovered in Japan with bodies buried in circular holes
- Shakyamuni Buddha or India the 1st “Black Revolutionary Hero.”