Gregg Leakes dies of cancer
Gregg Leakes has died.
The businessman passed away "peacefully" on Wednesday (01.09.21) at the age of 66 after battling cancer, leaving his wife, former 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' star NeNe Leakes, and his six children in "deep pain".
Publicist and family friend Ernest Dukes confirmed in a statement: "Today the Leakes family is in deep pain with a broken heart. After a long battle with cancer, Gregg Leakes has passed away peacefully in his home surrounded by all of his children, very close loved ones and wife Nene Leakes.
"We ask that you pray for peace and strength over their family & allow them to mourn in private during this very very difficult time."
Talk show host and 'Real Housewives' producer Andy Cohen was among the first to pay tribute to Gregg.
He tweeted: "I am heartbroken over the passing of Gregg Leakes, a wonderful man. I jokingly called him 'Pastor Leakes' but in truth he was a strong voice of reason & commanded great respect among the entire #RHOA team. I am sending love and strength to @neneleakes & the entire Leakes family (sic)"
Bravo- which broadcasts 'Real Housewives' - also shared a tribute to Gregg on their Twitter account.
© Bang Showbiz NeNe and Gregg Leakes
Gregg was diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer in 2018 but was in remission the following year. However, in June this year, the 53-yea
Alongside a photo of Gregg and NeNe, they wrote: "Our hearts and condolences go out to Nene and the Leakes family. Gregg's kind spirit will be greatly missed. [heart emoji] (sic)"
NeNe's former castmate, Cynthia Bailey, said she was "praying" for her friend.
She wrote on her Instagram Story: "Heartbroken over the passing of @greggleakes. Praying for @neneleakes and her family."
She also tweeted: ""Heartbroken[broken heart emoji] So many good times & so many amazing memories. Gregg was always so loving, funny & kind. So blessed to have had him in my life. Sending my heartfelt condolences to @NeNeLeakes and her family. Thinking of you & my heart and prayers are with you.[prayer and heart emojis] (sic)"
Gregg was diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer in 2018 but was in remission the following year. However, in June this year, the 53-year-old star revealed her husband's cancer had returned and the following month, she expressed her joy he'd been released from hospital after undergoing surgery.
Sadly, in August she told customers in her lounge The Linnethia that Gregg was dying after being criticised by a group for not wishing their party a happy birthday.
She said over loudspeakers in the Atlanta venue: "My husband is transitioning to the other side.
"You don't know what we’re dealing with right now. We walked in this lounge because we had to walk in this lounge because this is our business.
"So, when people approach and say, 'You're rude because you don't want to say happy birthday,' my husband is at home dying.
"I don't want to say, 'Happy birthday,' OK? So please, give us some respect. Please, give us some love, OK?"
NeNe and Gregg married in 1997 but she filed for divorce in 2010. They reunited and went on to remarry in 2013.
Gregg is also survived by his and NeNe's son Brentt, and five other kids from previous relationships, Daryl, Damian, Dexter, Denton, and Katrina, as well as his stepson, NeNe's other child Bryson.
Reference: Bang Showbiz
Articles - Latest
- 'MONSTER' storm hits Sydney with giant HAIL and tornado warnings
- Meteorite crashes through roof of Canada woman’s home and on to bed
- ‘This comforter of blue’: how Shatner’s blast into space became an ode to Earth
- Wham! bassist, Deon Estus, has died aged 65
- Rotting Red Sea oil tanker could leave 8m people without water
- Ex on the Beach star Chris Pearson dies aged 25 after LA stabbing
- William Shatner's space launch on Blue Origin's New Shepard: When to watch and what to know
- James Brokenshire, ‘the nicest man in politics’, dies aged 53 after battle with cancer
- Perseverance images confirm Jezero crater is an ancient Martian lake
- Work by pioneering sculptor goes on display to mark Black History Month
- Luisa Mattioli dead: Italian actress and third wife of Roger Moore dies aged 85
- London flooding: The most dramatic pictures and videos as commuters left stranded
- After 3.5 million-year hiatus, the largest comet ever discovered is headed our way
- Bridgerton stylist Marc Pilcher dies of Covid
- Emergency clean-up launched as huge oil spill kills wildlife and closes beaches in California
- Tributes paid as former head of Royal Marines 'takes own life' aged 54
- Controversial French tycoon and former minister Bernard Tapie dies at 78
- Marie Antoinette's secret love 'affair' with Swedish count revealed by x-ray technology
- Rare images revealing 19th century China set to fetch £20,000
- Alan Lancaster death: Status Quo founding bassist dies aged 72
Articles - Most Read
- Contact Us
- Cosmic Consciousness - What is Cosmic Consciousness-2
- Cosmic Consciousness-Introduction
- Cosmic Consciousness - Introduction-2
- Cosmic Consciousness - What is Cosmic Consciousness?
- Cosmic Consciousness First Words - 1V - 2
- Cosmic Consciousness First Words - V -
- The Human Condition-Thomas Keating
- Cosmic Consciousness V - 2
- Cosmic consciousness - First Words - IV
- Cosmic Consciousness-On the Plane of Self Consciousness
- Drinking From The Mountain Stream - Milarepa
- The Human Condition - 4
- Evolution and Devolution-Chapter 2
- The Human Condition - Thomas keating-3
- The Human Condition-2-Thomas Keating
- Evolution and Devolution-Chapter 1
- Cosmic Consciousness - 3 - On the Plane of Self Consciousness
- The Human Condition - 6
- Milarepa's World
- Web Links
- On the Plane of Self Consciousness - 2
- The Human Condition - 5
- Milarepa's World-2
- The Buddhist System of Liberation
- On the Plane of Self Consciousness IV
- Contemplation and the Divine Therapy - 2
- On the Plane of Self Consciousness IV - 2
- The Buddhist System of Liberation - 2